Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 13 of 750 SNG Month - Pain - Sharp Pain

The last 4 days have killed my volume.  I did really good the first week with my volume clearing 283 games.  My profit from those was -1.00.  I have had a few 15 game days since then and am now sitting up .50 for the month not counting the 10.00 I cleared from VIP's and another 15.00 I got for finishing 4th in the first weeks SNG challenge.  So far this month I am up 25.50 in 1.10 SNG's.  I could wipe that out with 1 horrible session as I found out earlier in the month so I need to pay attention to how I'm playing and if I am doing horribly, just log out for a while.

This last week has been a little rough for playing.  I think I tore a muscle in my lower right side beneath my ribs.  It's painful and very hard for me to play.  After working all day with the pain, all I want to do when I get home is lay down and ball up in a fetal position. 

Saturday I took it easy figuring that the more rest I could give my side the better.  On Sunday after church I was showing my 7 year old son how he was shooting the basketball incorrectly and threw the ball up in the air like he was doing.  In the process, I felt a knife like sensation in my side.  I went to the ground and rolled around screaming.  I was in complete agony.  My muscle felt like it had ripped completely in half.  My son ran and grabbed my wife who stood over me as I screamed and rolled around in the driveway.

The stabbing crippling pain eventually turned into a throbbing pain once I was able to get to my feet.  My wife wanted to take me straight to the E.R. but I said I wanted to eat fried chicken.  I was already going to get x-ray's on Monday and figured that as long as I only had the throbbing pain I could make it until then. 

She had to help me get in and out of the car as any wrong movement would cause excruciating pain in my side.  It was very painful getting in and out of the SUV.  After we ate, I was getting a basketball practice plan ready for her and I was going to lay down the rest of the day.  At that time I felt a sneeze coming on.  I grabbed my nose and prayed that it wouldn't come but it happened, causing just as much pain as I had initially.  It took 10 minutes for it to settle down again.  This time I went to the E.R.

They took X-Rays.  Nothing appeared broken and they're not sure what is causing the pain.  They did give me a Toradol shot and a muscle relaxer that has helped tremendously.  Other than 1 more sneeze last night I have been o.k.

I didn't play at all this weekend.  I'll try getting my 25 games in tonight and hopefully the rest of the week I can do the same.  I have something planned every evening so it may be tough to get 25 games a night in.  I may have to concentrate on playing more on the weekends to make up for lost ground through the week.  I have the next 4 weekends committed to staying home since I am coaching and have games the next 4 Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment