Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em - 35 Pounds Lighter


We had a fish fry on Wednesday night and followed that up with fireworks.  My wife's sister from Missouri was visiting.  We had lots of kids blowing off all kinds of fireworks.  At one point I think 6 kids as well as myself were in a line shooting roman candles.

Over the weekend we traveled to my parents in Northwest Kansas and pretty much just took it easy and ate.  Love food!  My back and right side were achy so I didn't have the desire to do too much.

Monday night I was excited to defend my run at the previous Monday Night Muck Em.  The cards were not as kind to me this time and neither was the person to my left.  Every time I hit something she had something better.  I stayed alive to make it to the final table.  At the final table I made it through 1 blind level but had not gotten any starting hands.  I had 2 BB's left and made an all in call from the BB with a flush draw as well as an inside straight draw.  I missed and was out in 7th place.

I made it a long ways for not getting cards and being destroyed when I did get cards.

There's always next week.

On a good note, I stepped on the scale the other day and saw a number on there that I have not seen in a lot of years.  I finally hit the 210 pound mark.  Last October I had dropped to 215.  It has taken me all of this time to finally lose that last 5 pounds.  The good thing is that I have not had to try since last October.  I made some eating changes and walk more around town when I need something, but was not specifically trying to lose weight.  It just happened, slowly since last October.

Now that I have reached 210, I have lost 35 pounds from my heaviest point.  I feel better and can notice quite a bit of change around my mid section.  There is still room for improvement.  It may be time to start toning now.  I'll start out by doing some sit ups and push ups each night.  With 35 pounds of weight being gone, maybe I can lift myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment