Thursday, July 10, 2014

SNAP


This morning I woke up to this tree branch down in the yard.  My wife woke me up a few times during the storm.  I kept telling her to go back to bed, let me sleep.  She kept insisting that the wind was going to blow over the basketball goal into a car.  I had parked last night so that would not happen.  The wind didn't sound too bad.  Apparently I should have been concerned about parking under this tree on the other side of it.

This is the 2nd huge branch we have lost this year out of this tree. 

Last week or the week before I decided I was going to get in a nightly tournament because I was going to have so much free time.  So far I have not figured out where that free time is.  I have gotten in a couple cash game sessions and have done pretty well.  I am up about 6 buy ins at the lowest level I can play.  Three buy ins came from one player the night before last.  He would push all in with any top pair.  It was fun to keep picking him off.  It got late and I needed to get to bed or I think I could have gotten more out of him. 

My wife and I have been enjoying playing 2 handed pinochle lately.  Since we started playing this weekend, I have went on a 6 game winning streak.  I'm bragging now because the streak will end soon.  I don't know how I pulled out a win in a couple games last night.  I have self proclaimed myself to be "The Comeback Kid".

No comments:

Post a Comment