Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Monday Night Muck Em

I was the bounty going into the game last night since I had won the week before.  A really tight aggressive player sat to my direct left last night.  I usually don't mind, but with the blinds increasing as fast as they do there, it's not the best scenario. 

There is not a lot I remember of play before break.  It was a lot of looking at my hole cards and mucking.  8 2, 9 3, 10 5, Q 4.  I did get some decent starting hands.  They would catch top pair and I would get outkicked.  The hand I remember was the last hand before break.  I get tossed AKo.  I put out a little more than double the blind.  I got a call from a very loose aggressive player.  Flop came out AK2 with 2 diamonds.  I bet around 1/2 pot.  He called.  The turn was another 2.  He was the type of player that would call the flop with a pair of 2's waiting to catch something.  I felt he was on a flush draw so I bet out 1/3 of the pot.  He called again.  River was a random card no diamond.  I went all in and he threw his cards in the muck, saying he was on a diamond flush draw. 

On that hand I went from very small stack to an o.k. stack.  The bad thing was the blinds were jumping from 200 400 to 500 1000 and I was in the big blind next.  Time to get serious.

I don't remember what I had on the hand when we got back, but I raised and everybody that had limped in folded.

Several players went out fairly quickly and we were at the final table.  I was sitting with an above average stack.  The first hand at the final table I had 88.  The person to my left raised.  I was the only caller and wanted to pop it up but just called.  The flop was not all desirable 10 9 x.  I checked and he bet out less than his original raise.  I thought at that point, that I might have him, so I called.  The next card was a 2.  That's not a bad card.  I checked he bet his original raise amount.  I called.  The last card was a J.  I checked and he bet the same amount.  I was thinking at this point that he had not slowed down with me check calling.  He knew I had something but it wasn't great.  He also had to know that I would call that bet, since I had been calling him down to this point.  He knew he had me beat.  I folded my pocket 8's face up.  He showed me his pocket 2's for trips on the turn.  I missed 2 bets on that one.

I was down to just a few big blinds left with 8 players left and the blinds were coming around to me.  I look down at K 10.  I was going to play it when the guy to my right goes all in.  I'm thinking I should play, but fold.  He gets 2 callers and the flop comes out 10 10 x.  The winner got a monster pot and I am in the big blind with the blinds going up the next hand putting me all in the next hand if I don't play the big blind.  I put my card protector on my cards and raise all in when the action gets to me.  I'm called, she has AJs.  I flip over my cards and I have J2o.  A 2 doesn't come.

No comments:

Post a Comment