Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Admitting I Play Poorly

I am admitting it.  I have been a bad player.  I thought I was playing correctly but I am now seeing that I was only playing correctly part of the time.  The rest of the time I have been playing really fishy. 

I saw some stats on myself today and yesterday that were way off from what I thought I actually played.  It was really good to see the numbers and realize that there is so much area for me to improve.  It was also sad that it took me how many years to discover how big and how many leaks my game has.  I'm glad I hadn't been playing cash games much until this year.  

I have read books and thought I was applying what they would tell me.  I would, until I saw hand after hand take my good starting hands down.  Then I would revert to my old ways and play horribly again.  Thats when I would start losing money and go back to studying again.

I'm realizing how much further I have to push my learning to catch up to what others are already doing, even at the smallest stakes.

My results should continually improve over the course of this month.  If I don't lose the 17.00 I have left.  If I lose that, it will probably be next year before I can add more money.

I am really going to focus on Cash No Limit Holdem.  I have been playing a little bit of everything.  It's time to pick one and become a regular at that game until I am one of the better players.

I lost 11.25 today.  I still consider it to be a good day as I learned a lot from losing that 11.25.  I realized that I could have cut that in half by folding on the river on a few hands.  I also made notes on quite a few players that I should be able to capitalize on in the next few days.

I had 4 players all in with me holding 2 pair or better with over 10.00 pots for me to lose on the river.  With any of those wins I would be up tonight.

I finally did get one 6.00 pot to hold. 

I am still buying in for half buy ins for now until my bankroll gets a little bigger. 



2 comments:

  1. Keep learning from your mistakes and applying what you are learning from your record keeping. It is hard to have a loss but you will come back from them and gain some knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm feeling good about this last loss. I figured out a few of my major leaks. Fixing those should substantially decrease my losses and then my winnings will count for more. It's time to throw up a couple winning sessions now.

    ReplyDelete