Monday, December 3, 2012

Feeding Frenzy

Tonight after the Pre K - 6 music program I came home and ate some supper, discussed work with my wife then settled in to play about 100 hands of NL Omaha H/L.  It was a .05 .10 game and I took a few beats by a horrible player to start off down for the night.  I never can beat the aggressive bad player right away. 

I was starting to gain chips to where I could put a hurt on him when he got off the table.  The rest of the table was fairly tight.  I had one player try to put a quick move on me but he was way too obvious and I had a great hand so he lost 5.00 to me.

I ended up being 4.94 down at the time I had set to quit for the night.  I just had two more really aggressive players sit down at my table.  I would have loved to have had time to sit and wait for a hand.

35 Minutes Later

I got back on the table.  It was fun.  All I had to do was wait for a good starting hand that wasn't being raised all in and wait for it to hit then get paid off.  After I started typing, I thought about it and I don't see this type of set up too often, where it's easy to make money.  It looked like a goldfish dropped into a shark tank.  Every hand one of us were trying to pick off the goldfish.  I was just hoping there was still some meat on the bones when I got a bite at it. 

I figured I could forgo a little sleep for a little money.  It worked and now I am up 9.73 for the night.  I think I could have gotten more out of a couple of the players but I really do need to get some sleep and it could have taken a while.

2 comments:

  1. Always nice to have your bankroll increase and hard to watch it go down. I have to look at it as Risk/Reward. If you don't put $$ at risk you don't see the reward. Thanks for following me and I will be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to watch it go down. It's not too bad right now while I don't have much to work with anyway and not much time to play. The hardest is when you see it go down for many days straight and you know it shouldn't be. Thanks for reading and I'll be keeping up on your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete