Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dinner and a Show

It amazes me at how I can play so badly for so long after all of these years of playing.  It seems that I forget the basics and overplay and over analyze poker at times.  In my quest to improve my game I lose sight that I need to keep the basics in the front of my mind.

Last night, while I was playing a tournament, something clicked, and just like that I was playing solid poker again.  It continued on today and I tried to play as much poker as I could.  This resulted in a winning day.

I played around 1100 hands of holdem cash coming out up 9.00.  I also played 2 1.10 sng's that I did not place in. 

I also played the 100 seats to the 109.00 tournament.  There were close to 1400 runners and I was doing good most of the tournament staying in the top 50.  I ran out of steam with 200 left and didn't make the ticket.  I actually got moved tables and sat next to a big stack that would raise me all in if I tried to play any hand.  I never got a hand I was comfortable pushing with so my chips dwindled until I felt I had to push.  I had a 97s.  He had 10 10.  Go figure.  He would have raised with anything and this time he had a hand.  He was really playing good poker but it was making me mad because if I could have just gotten some cards his chips would have been mine and I would have been in the 109.00 game tomorrow.

My wife and I also had a bit of a date tonight where we went to dinner and a play.  The town here has a production each year.  This year we went to the night where they serve dinner before the play.  We had Filet Minion with a baked potato, salad, a roll, and green beans with desert. 

The show was really funny.  The actors and actresses were really good.  Next time they have it I will try to go back for the dinner and a show.

No comments:

Post a Comment