Friday, December 28, 2012

Taking Care of Business

The night before last I played a few hundred hands of poker and played a couple sng's to turn a profit of a dollar or two. 

I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the year.  I may play a little if I get the urge but I need a break.  Right now I'm working 10 to 12 hours a day and when I get home I'm shot.

Last night I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie.  I woke up at 6:00 this morning with the lights and tv still on.  Guess I have been pushing too hard for too long.  My body said it was time to sleep.  It does that.  In college I slept about 3 hours a night for 4 1/2 years.  Then went on to a job where I worked 1st shift one week, 2nd shift the next week and 3rd shift the following week for 5 years.  I have worn my body down over and over again.  It eventually shuts down and makes me sleep whether I want to or not.

I need to take care of some other things as well so poker may take a back seat for a while.

The last couple days I have started selling on ebay again.  I have started and stopped selling several times over the years.  Right now my niche is back in and looks like I will be able to make some quick dollars.  I used to make a killing on there.  I don't have that kind of time to invest right now so I will start slowly listing 5 items a night.  That should give me a couple hundred dollars extra a month, probably more.

I should have kept selling on ebay instead of playing poker, I would have made a fortune by now if I had invested the same amount of time selling.

I listed 6 item the first day and sold 4 of them, 3 PS2 games and a DVD.  I listed 5 more DVD's last night.  So far so good.  One of the dvd's I had picked up at a garage sale for 2.00.  It is selling on average for 13.00 right now.  Most of my items I make a dollar or two profit on.  To start out with I am just getting rid of some odds and ends I don't need around the house any longer and items I had previously purchased to resell on ebay.  After I get those 10,000 items listed I might start looking for things to sell again.

This spring I want to purchase a vehicle I can pull a camper with as well as take tornado chasing.  In order to do this I need to sell my van and use that money to purchase either a pickup or a small SUV.  Right now we have 3 vehicles and really only need 1.  I could walk to work if I needed to.  There's a lot of things I need to do this next year.

One of the first things, that really needs to be done, is to get the baby room set up.  I only have a little over a month to get this done.  It would be easy but its going in the kids toy room and we need to get rid of toys and move and organize it at the same time.  I also can't just get rid of stuff if it is valuable.  I have to try to sell it first if it has any value left.  I'm not a hoarder yet but I am getting close.  Another reason I need to start selling again.  The extra money will be nice as we have depleted a little out of our savings with Christmas, Doctor's bills, a new 60" LED HDTV, xbox 360, tv stand, vehicle maintenance, etc.

I need to start losing weight.  I am 225 now and would like to be at 210 by March.  It's too cold and I'm too tired to run at night so I think I will start out doing push ups, sit ups and running the stairs at my house.  I might even throw a quick run around the block into the mix.  The important thing is that I start doing something.  I want to be back in shape by spring so I can start running out in the country again, pushing the jogging stroller and listening to my mp3 player.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with selling on Ebay. I have done that as well at times and would like to do more of it but the time it takes is time consuming. Sometimes taking a break from poker is good as well.

    ReplyDelete