Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Whats Under the Tree?

Tonight I was able to get in 533 hands and had a profit of 3.57.  I started the night down again after I caught 2 pair right away and had a chaser catch a flush on the river after he had went all in on the turn.  Shortly after that I had Kings cracked on the river.  Then lost a couple other big pots at showdown. 

Then as it has happened the last few nights, I started climbing back out of the hole the rest of the evening.  My biggest break came from winning 2 hands almost back to back with AQ against AJ and QQ against AK on the same table to double up twice. 

I still need to work on patience and know that I can lay down a good hand when I know I'm beat so I have more chips for when I have a better spot later on.  I also have to start playing AQo differently.  That has been a major losing hand for me.  I might be better off to take it out of my playing range all together as much as I lose with it.

It feels good to have 5 winning days in a row and I'm sure it has a lot to do with me being willing to accept that I needed help and working better my play.

Last night my wife and kids went to a basketball game.  I got off work a little later so couldn't go.  I wrapped presents while they were gone and put them under the tree.  When my 4 year old got up this morning he was extremely excited to see the presents and drug us all out of bed to see which ones were his. 

Tonight he had them all out and stayed next the tree until bedtime looking at his presents over and over again. 

I asked him what he thought was in them and he said, "I don't know, what did you put in here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment