Tuesday, June 18, 2013

2 Sets and Pocket Aces On Final Table

This isn't complaining since I did make the final table of the 2.20 $100.00 guaranteed tournament.  It does seem unfair that I made it that far then lost with a set twice and lost with pocket aces once on the final table.  I also lost with a set on the final 2 tables.  All of which were beaten by rivered straights.  Any of which would have given me a monster stack had I won.

On the last one, I was pretty much crippled, and went all in with A7 suited the next hand.  I was called by the same guy with Q 10.  He caught and I was done after hours of play. 

Earlier in the day I played the 215.00 big game.  Top 81 got paid.  It was getting close to the bubble and I needed to make a move to make it through the bubble.  I was in the BB with A10 and had an all in blind steal from the small blind.  I made the correct call as he had a 10 3.  A 3 came out on the flop and I was out of the tournament 10 places from 450.00.  With a double up there, who knows how deep I could have ran.  Going out there hurt, since I only have 1 more shot at this game.  It would have hurt worse to let myself blind out and miss the bubble.

I had also played the 11.00 25,000 guaranteed.  It has turned into quite the joke since there is now 3 1/2 hours of re-entry in the game.  If I'm going to play it again I will register at the last minute and try to luckbox a couple quick double ups. 

I feel like anything good in poker keeps going away, and we are left with crap that favors luck and the unskilled players at the lower limits.  The 11.00 Sunday game used to be my favorite game.  It had a great blind structure and deep stacks.  You could play for hours.  Now its an all in fest of donkholes trying to luckbox a tournament.  If they lose their all in with Q6 they can just re-enter and bust you a few all in's later with J2.  That's not my style.  I just don't see how it can be profitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment