Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hand History - What Are Your Thoughts?

Merge - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

CO: $1.60
BTN: $4.00
SB: $7.63
BB: $9.05
Hero (UTG): $4.48

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04, CO posts DB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.10) Hero has Jd Td

Hero calls $0.04, CO checks, BTN calls $0.04, fold, BB checks

Flop: ($0.18, 4 players) 2d 9d 4d
BB checks, Hero bets $0.13, fold, BTN calls $0.13, fold

Turn: ($0.44, 2 players) 9h
Hero bets $0.22, BTN raises to $0.56, Hero calls $0.34

River: ($1.56, 2 players) 6d
Hero checks, BTN bets $3.27 and is all-in, fold

Hero shows Jd Td (Flush, Jack High)
BTN wins $1.48


Should I have not been in the hand to begin with?  Should I have raised pre-flop even with the new player posting the big blind in the CO?  Should have I re-raised or folded the turn? 


I had just taken a decent pot off this guy the hand prior.  Was he getting even or did he have a hand? 


He is a solid player with a 42% turn AFq.  I put him on a high diamond with a 9 on the flop.  The turn and river were exactly what I did not want to see.  I planned on betting big on the river, if the river had not put the 4th diamond on the board.

1 comment:

  1. I would have folded preflop, but I am a much tighter preflop player so in that case our styles are different. However, I cannot under any circumstance think of an instance where an open limp is acceptable. If your going to play this hand you must pot raise to 18 cents.

    As played you have no information at all. No way to put Villain on a hand. He could have 22, 44 or even the outside chance of 99 who knows.

    I also have issues with your flop bet. Ordinarily 2/3rds is fine, but in this case you have a flopped flush vulnerable to the 4th diamond. To me you must bet pot here or even higher. As played betting 13 thus putting 31 in the pot giving Villain odds of 2.5 to 1 to make the call. No its no fun to flop a flush and not get much out of it, but if you could have chased Villain away if he was holding the Ace of diamonds...... a big if I know but if he's a solid player it is definitely possible.....then even the smallest pot won is better than any pot lost.

    The turn you bet only half pot giving Villain 3-1 to make a call. The fact that he reaised here, once the board paired tells me he has 22 or 44. A9 is possible, but I am putting him on the boat here.

    Finally why did you call the turn? when he raised why did you call? what were your reasons and what did you put him on? If your not going to call the river why call the turn? Folding the river absolutely correct in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete