Friday, June 7, 2013

T-Ball and Poker

Until last night I had not realized what a baseball town this is.  I walked outside after dark and could hear cheering from clear across town.  You don't hear people cheer like that for basketball or football games.  The block surrounding the baseball field gets packed with cars.  People fill the bleachers and bring lawn chairs and sit in the backs of pick-ups.  I am even surprised at the turnout for the little kids games. 

T-Ball was on the docket for last night.  It's such a boring game and still had a large crowd cheering for all those little tike's.  It is pretty funny watching those little ones learning about the game.  I watched my own son rolling his head around, watching the sky, as a ball rolled right past his feet.  Each decision takes a couple extra seconds.  "Throw the ball to first!"  A couple seconds later after the batter reaches first base the pitcher throws it over there.  It's all about learning the fundamentals of the game.  He couldn't have gotten the batter out anyway, but they are learning what to do in the future as they move up to machine pitch.

Everybody was hungry after the game so we headed home to make supper.  The boys had their cousin over to stay the night.  They wanted to play around the house so we didn't practice any ball last night.  I was tired as well, so that worked for me.

Late in the evening I loaded up the 1500.00 guaranteed 1.10 rebuy game as the rebuy period was ending.  In less than 2 minutes I had QQ and AQ.  I had to rebuy twice as both those hands didn't stand a chance.  Then the rebuy period ended, so I added on for 30000 chips.  It took a while before we finally reached the bubble.  We needed 2 people to go out.  My stack was getting down around 8 bb.  I had KK.  My first thought was, "This is how I got knocked out as bubble boy last night."  I thought, "Should I fold in this spot."

There were 4 people to act after me.  I didn't have enough for an effective raise so I went all in.  The person I thought would call folded.  One of the blinds called.  He had JTo.  A king and 2 low cards hit on the flop.  What a relief.  We busted the bubble shortly after and I had some playing chips.

A few hands later I had QQ and raised it up.  The Donk of the table goes all in.  I had him covered as well as the other all in that followed behind him.  Donk's 57o held, I got a few chips from the other player's 99. 

From there I blinded down, as I was getting poor cards and had 3 people to my left that would call any bet, any street.  With 39 players left I decided to shove pre flop with Ks10s from the button.  I got called by the monster stack to my left.  He had QJ and flopped a boat.  I went out in 37th for 10.00.  I could have made a couple more rounds if I had not played the K10, but I would not have had a chance to get any deeper than that.  I could have gotten a couple more dollars by waiting.  Instead I took a shot, to try to make it to the final table and battle for the 350.00 1st prize.

While I was playing the 1.10 tournament, I was also playing a NL game.  Over the course of the tournament, I was up a buy in there as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment