Thursday, June 20, 2013

Car Damage, Final Table, Baseball

The month of June has went nothing like I had thought or hoped it would with poker.  In fact this may be the worst month pokerwise I have had to date. 

The harder I try the worse I do.  I gave NL 6 max a good shot for the last 10 months.  I have had o.k. days but the absolutely horrible days killed me over and over again.  I may go 3 weeks slowly growing my bankroll and 1 bad day will destroy way more than what I worked 3 weeks to grow.

The good thing is that my investment into NL has seemed to really help my tournament play.  It could also be the fact that I have spent so many hours playing the last 10 months.

After evaluating my losses in 6 max, I have determined that I have donated enough money to keep the game going for a while.  I will be dropping my efforts to make 6 max my main game. 

Going forward I will be focusing on tournaments and sng's to try to grow my bankroll. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Last night after work, I was picking up the boys.  There was a car parked across the street in front of the driveway.  I had almost backed into it the night before and thought in my head to go the opposit direction out of the driveway this time so I don't back into it.  With everything on my mind, I backed out like I was heading for home again.  Right as I was getting ready to shift into drive I ran into the car. 

It seemed as though my whole night was instantly ruined.  It hasn't been the greatest week in the first place and now I had this to deal with.  The owner of the car wasn't home so I went to get my oldest ready for baseball. 

The baseball game was good.  Since I started working with him, my son has only struck out once the last 9 times up to bat.  Now we need to get him catching the ball and running a little faster.  I worked with him on batting and playing outfield.  Yesterday they put him as pitcher the last inning.  It was painful watching him struggle to catch a ball and make the instant decisions you have to make in that position.

After the game, the owner of the vehicle said that she was busy and I could get her the insurance information this morning. 

I cracked open beer after beer to clear my head.  Since I was drinking beer, I had to play some poker.  I loaded up a 1.00 6 max turbo sng as well as a 4.00 NL table while I was waiting.  I played 3 1.00 turbo's and did not make the money in any of those.  I did well in the NL game and was up 3.60 in that game when I decided to concentrate on a 2.20 knockout tournament I had gotten into.  I had 1 knockout and made it clear to 4th place before I went out, making 21.00 in that game.  I was chip leader going into the final table and had only gotten 1 knockout.  I did cripple a lot of players.  It seemed when I got a good hand it was always against a bigger stack.  I lost to a player making an all in move to take my blinds.  I was in 4th at that time and a call and win would put me back into 1st.  My A4s did not hold up to his J3o.  He rivered a 3 to send me packing.  With the blinds at the level they were, I didn't have time to wait for a better opportunity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment