Wednesday, June 26, 2013

It Takes Bails To Do What I Do

Life seems pretty crazy right now.  I haven't played poker since Saturday and don't plan on playing again for a while.  I have been working some long hours the last week.  Friday I put in a 20 hour day followed by a 13 hour day on Monday and a 16 hour day yesterday.  My work schedule should slow down a little, but baseball is in full swing.  We have a game tonight and then Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be full with a big end of season tournament.

Yesterday morning I woke up to fix the boys cereal and the milk seemed warm.  I opened up the freezer and the frozen texas roll balls had risen in the freezer.  Our refrigerator is shot.  Now we have another issue to deal with.  On top of that 2 of our vehicles now have nails in the tires and the 3rd vehicle is waiting to have its brakes replaced. 

I am feeling pretty upbeat today, even though I know I have all of that to deal with. 

Tonight I am helping my brother in law pick up alfalfa bails out of a field and stack them in a hay barn.  Theres a little over 500 bails.  We will be out there till around midnight and back out there again tomorrow to finish up.  It looks like I am going to be sore and exhausted for the next couple days.

There's always something good to look forward to.  I finally get to take a real family vacation after more than 2 years of not taking one.  We have reserved a vacation rental in Colorado for a full week.  I'm really looking forward to relaxing and getting my mind off work, poker and whatever else for a full week.

No comments:

Post a Comment