Friday, October 12, 2012

Introduction

This is the first blog of my efforts to make money at the wonderful game of poker.  I play nl 4.00 holdem right now and low stakes sng's and tournaments.  My bankroll a month ago was at 3.00.  I had a lucky break in a tournament for 50.00 and have been working the cash games since to get up to 73.50 when I left the tables last night. 

Most of the time I 4 table the cash games and buy in for a half a buy in.  I feel like I get more people playing at me when I have a lower stack and can actually get more calls when I have bad hands.

I have been reading the Blueprint of poker.  It has helped to solidify some of my plays and added some new lines I can take when I am playing.

It is almost impossible for me to deposit on Carbon so I will try and use good bankroll management practices to keep building. 

I was going to use 20 buyins at the next level before I move up so I could get out of the 4.00 level quickly, but I will probably go 40 buyins since I cannot add more money to my account.  I play 1.00 tournaments and sng's right now and will only move up if I get to 100 buy ins at the next level. 

Last night I had a bad night and was continuously down all night after my KK did not hold to a Q8.  He hit an 8 on the flow with a J on the board and bet big.  I re-raised and he went all in.  I called to see the Q hit on the turn and lost my first buy in of the night.  From that point on I would go down and come back up but never got above being 3.00 down.  That's the way I ended the night, 3.00 down.  I've had a lot worse nights and the rakeback I should have made after all that play should be around 1.50 to 2.00.

Tonight I will try to play a little better.  I was really loose last night and kept running lower pairs into higher pairs, Q high flushes into K high flushes, low end straights into high end straights, things that I can usually step away from.  Last night I couldn't trust anybody and I paid the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment