Monday, October 29, 2012

Learning Experience

After a brutal Sunday I was down nearly 50.00.  I couldn't do anything right.  It was time to throw in the towel and give up.  I played 4.00 nl and 1.00 6 man's and kept getting owned.  I tried 1.00 18 man's, same thing.  I fell fast playing within my bankroll limits.

Tonight I wasn't going to play until after 9:00.  I started with a single 1.00 6 man.  I won it.  I tried 2 more 6 man's 1 at a time and lost both of those.  Then I tried an 18 man and couldn't even get started when I lost that.  I decided to play a single 10.00 nl table.  I covered my cards and played position and my opponents.  I took notes on each of them.  I ended up losing 2 half buy in's but had great reads on how they were playing so I uncovered my cards, added on a full buy in of 10.00, and played against them.

Less than an hour later I was up to 27.00 and if I would have kept playing think I could have doubled that in the next hour.

I didn't multi-table.  I was able to figure out my opponents weaknesses and capitalize on them.  Now I have notes on those players for the future.  It was a good learning experience for me and a confidence booster. 

I am down for the week but not nearly as bad as I was.  I started the week with 158.00 and now I am at 136.67.  Rakeback from yesterday and Saturday helped too.

No comments:

Post a Comment