Wednesday, January 9, 2013

This Year So Far

Through the first part of this month I have only played poker a couple short sessions.  Both of them were losing sessions.  My drive has diminished in playing poker, not completely, but the need to play all the time is going away.  I think I am going to only play around 300 hands a night for the rest of the month.  I need to throw a daily tournament in as well as I still like to play tournaments more than cash games.

I now have a new obsession.  I have been playing Boarderlands 2 on the xbox 360 and it is addictive.  My friend and I have been trying to get together when we can to play together online.  In the meantime I am trying to level up my character to be closer to where he is at.  I started at a level 1 when he was at a level 25.  I die a lot when I play with him.  In less than a week I am at a level 17. 

I have sold quite a bit on ebay for as little as I have posted.  I have been at the post office almost every day since I started selling again.  I have been selling all small items for now.  I have some big ticket items that I may throw on there if I start looking at another trip to Vegas soon.

I needed to get started on getting the baby room ready.  My wife made a suggestion that we should get a bassinet to set next to the bed while the baby is small.  Then we could wait until she is off work during maternity leave to get the baby room set up.  That frees me up a little on that one.  Hopefully with the baby, she will still have time to get the toy room cleaned out, then I can set up the crib

She is going to call the car shop to get the van in this week or next.  Once we get the last thing fixed on it we can sell it.  It drives fine in town but on the highway it has a bit of a shimmy at 70 mph.  The shop said they found the problem and will fix it for a couple hundred.  Then I can sell the car or trade it in on a vehicle for my wife to drive back and forth to work as well as pull either the boat or the camper.

Last night I went to see the high school basketball games in town.  It's fun to watch, but hard.  I still want to be the one out on the court.  In high school I played every day I could.  I'd dunk, shoot freethrows, shoot 3 pointers, play with buddies.  It didn't matter.  I loved the game.  I watched it, studied it, anything I could do basketball.

I had a chance for a full ride scholarship to play football as an outside linebacker.  I passed it up hoping to have any school interested in me for basketball.  It was a slim chance, and I never heard anything.  Once I got to college I was approached by the football coach and all the players at that school to play. 

My biggest regret was that I didn't play football in college.  When I was in high school I was 165 pounds and tried my hardest to put on weight.  I lifted weights, ran, ate like a grizzly bear.  I'd eat raw eggs for breakfast for the protein, go back for 3rd's at lunch, eat 4 plates of spagetti for supper.  I new I would get killed playing college ball at 165 pounds being 6'3" and didn't have a clue how to put on weight.  I figured it out the next year.  Beer and fast food. 

I have barely followed basketball for years.  I still watch any football game I can.  I made the choice to not play football.  Now that my niece and nephew are in high school I have been working on healing the ache of never getting to play competitive basketball again, and finding enjoyment in watching the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment