Thursday, January 17, 2013

Good Night For Pocket Pairs

This evening I ended up working late a few hours.  When I got home, I cooked some supper and sat down in the living room to watch Treasure planet with the family.  When I finished supper I loaded up 4 tables of 4.00 NL.  I played another short session tonight of 345 hands. 

Pocket pairs were my big winners tonight.  I had big hands with JJ and 99 when the flops came low and the turn and rivers stayed low.  I had quite a few other pocket pairs that didn't make it to showdown. 

I had a few more larger losses than last night.  I also had a lot more calls after I landed 2 pair, 3 of a kinds, flushes, etc.  It feels good to be on the good side of variance for a change.  My profit for tonight in cash was 17.19.

I wasn't ready to quit playing, but I did want to log my big win for cash so I loaded up a .50 9 man sng to play while I finished up an episode of Bones.  It was touch and go through the whole game.  I lost a big hand with KK to a set of 6's to take me all but out of the game.  I got lucky with 3 callers when I went all in with Q9 and won with a pair of 9's. 

From there I remained about the same until we reached the money.  I won a big pot against the 2nd big stack and took that position.  Then I took him out a few hands later and became the big stack.  I was super aggressive against the other player.  With the blinds being so high he quickly lost chips.  He finally went all in and I called with a K5.  He had 22.  I caught my K and won 2.25.


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Have we gone against each other??? I play $4NL 6 max on Carbon also

      Delete
  2. I will have to go back and look at my hand history for that day. It is likely that we have, or will bump into each other on the tables if we're both multi-tabling the same limit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked through my hand history for that night but did not see that we were on the same tables. I think we may have played another time though. I may even have some notes on you. I usually try to note the solid players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is your screenname on Carbon. I will check my Poker Tracker database for this month to see if you're there.

    ReplyDelete