Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January Goal Half Month Review

Last Night I had a couple of my nephews come over after I got off work.  My wife went to the basketball game out of town so it was just me and the 4 boys. 

Supper was the first thing on the list, and when I got home, everything that I had thought about cooking was out of question, as the dishes needed to cook them were dirty.  We ended up having hamburger helper and bread and butter.  It was a crowd pleaser.  We then went to the living room to take turns playing Boarderlands 2. 

Around 9:00 I took the nephews home.  My wife showed up, so I fired up the computer to get my 325+ hands in.  I ended up getting 1303 hands in for a loss of .19. 

At one point I was down nearly 18.00 after my AA, got cracked 3 times in a row and my KK did not hold up twice, all of those times I was able to get all my money in ahead post flop or preflop.  Every time I was outdrawn on the turn or the river.  I did run KK into AA later on as well.  It was tough to not have a single hand hold up all night.  I even lost with an A high flush to a straight flush where the guy had the 4 calling the whole way to the river.

Towards the end when I was about to quit, I started hitting some flops and my hands started holding.  Half of my return came from 1 player that would call me no matter what I bet or when.  I just waited for a hand and bet.  He kept reloading.  I played until Midnight which is the latest I want to play.  He was still there to donate but I hadn't gotten any hands to play at him for the last 1/2 hour and he was tightening up, so I logged off for the night.

I didn't play my sng last night. 

As it is over half way through the month I have reviewed where I am at for my goals.

I am on track to clear 10000 hands in January as i have put in over 6000 hands already.  I am feeling better about my table selection and choosing which tables to start out on.  I have also been following the bankroll guidelines that I have set in place. 

I have moved up to 6 tables of 6 max the last 2 days.  That may be why my numbers are so swingy.  I think I may move back to 4 tables for a couple of days to see if I can turn a profit at 1000 hands.   I am missing some profitable spots while I am 6 tabling.

No comments:

Post a Comment