Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ran KK into AA Again

One of these days this horrible cycle has got to end.  After 750 hands today I ended up losing 6.99. 

My friend transferred me some money I had loaned him in Vegas.  Now my bankroll is bigger.  I was able to start with 3.00 buy ins.

My loss should have been a win tonight.  I lost 2 crucial hands.  On one I had KQ suited and called a raise.  The flop came out Q high.  He made a pot size bet and I called.  The turn was a Q.  He went all in and I called all in.  He had AA and spiked an ace on the river.  I lost 2.72 on that hand.

The other hand I called an all in bet with the best hand on the turn to lose to a flush catch on the river.  I had a very strong feeling he was on a draw as he likes to bet big on drawing hands. 

I had 1 big hand that helped early.  I had 10 10 and was put all in after the flop by AK on a low board.  I called and another player called with AQ.  My 10's rode out the turn and the river and I pulled in a 6.50 pot.

My pocket K's ran into aces again for the 4th time in 2 nights.  I thought I played the hand perfectly to extract value, eventually getting 2 other players all in, to find out one of them had AA on a 66J62 board.  That cost me 3.52. 

I did have a couple bad plays that cost me a few dollars as well if I would have walked away from them on or after the turn. 

It should have been a lesser loss tonight and with a little better play could have been a winning night.

I also played a 1.00 18 man sng.  I was chipping up nicely and called with the best hand to lose on the river there as well.  I worked from 90 chips back up to 1000 before I lost my 99 all in to QQ. 

2 comments:

  1. Swings and roundabouts, you,ll win as many of these as you lose longterm. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. I just really wanted some love last night.

    ReplyDelete