Thursday, January 10, 2013

Playing Poker Again

Last night on top of playing Boarderlands 2, I was able to get in 300 hands of NL.  The night started out poor with me going down by 4.00 right away with pocket aces that got cracked on the river.  Those were the only aces I had for the night.  I came back from the negative pretty quick when I caught a straight to the Ace with a J10 against a guy who slow rolled Aces. 

After that, my good hands were getting paid and I was ducking out of hands that were marginal to large bets or 3 bets.  I've been seeing that these players usually have a big hand when they bet like that.  I am getting quite a few notes on players to help me make those tough decisions.

At the end of the 300 hand session I was up by 6.44.  Maybe a little break was what I needed to refocus and think about how to break my repeated bad habits. 

Tonight I may play a tournament while I am playing my cash tables.  I'm thinking that I may just play an 18 man sng each night.  I usually do pretty well at those.  I can use my VIP points to enter those.  When I get low on VIP points I can play a 1.00 tournament until the following month to let my VIP points build up.

No comments:

Post a Comment