Saturday, January 12, 2013

Long Day

Dad and I hunted most of the day.  We didn't get a deer, but have a good idea where to start tomorrow to get one.  We saw a ton of deer today but they were all on posted land.  The land we had permission to hunt had the wrong type of deer in one area and in the other area we saw a lot of the right type of deer but couldn't get a shot.  Tomorrow will be different.

I played quite a bit of poker on top of the hunting.  I was able to get in 1292 hands.  After all that play I finished the day being down 2.53.  That's not bad considering I was down by close to 12.00 at a couple points today.  The most I was up was by 1.87 after about 120 hands.  I had a huge comeback on 2 of my tables as I got the second big stack on each of the tables to stack off to me.  I was quitting at 11:00 to get some sleep and those 2 hands saved me from having to record a big loss.  It seemed like all my best hands came at once at the end of the night after I had just taken a bad hit when I ran AQ into KJ for a 3.30 loss. 

I think I am going to take AQ out of my starting hands.  I have noticed this before but it lost about 8.00 today.  I'm sure that I am not playing it correctly so for right now I just won't play it until I can think through how to play it correctly.  I overvalue any pair I get with it and lose a lot to straights, full houses, two pair, over pairs, etc., usually to somebody catching better cards on the turn or the river.


No comments:

Post a Comment