Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rough Night

As good as the night before went, nothing went right on the poker tables last night.  As I'm starting to figure out my table selection, I noticed that I didn't have as many good options last night.  Sunday night I had a ton of tables that were optimal for me to play.

The donks were out thick last night and were getting payed handsomely for chasing down the river with hands like J7o looking for the inside straight against my AA. 

Since I was over 60.00, I increased my buy in amount from 2.00 to 3.00 on each table.  After 937 hands I was down 10.32 for the night.  I did clear 5.00 in reload bonus.  I also played an 18 man sng and finished 3rd for 3.60.  With rakeback from the previous night I was about even for the night.

Before I played last night, I had been playing volleyball with some other people from town.  We played from 7:00 to 9:00.  I have been neglecting getting any excersize lately so it is good to have volleyball starting back up so I can at least be active 1 night a week.

It's hard for me to drag myself out of the house when I'm not working.  I am constantly doing something all of the time.  I just want to stay at home and relax whenever I can, but I have so many obligations to everyone else that I can't be a hermit. 

I travel every weekend and spend my weeknights going to volleyball, basketball games, working etc.  I feel like when I get to play poker I am rushing it and not making the best plays because I need to do what I can in the short time I get to play. 

To offset that feeling of not having time to give poker a chance, I have been staying up late and playing late.  I am foregoing sleep now so that I can do everything else and still try to make something of poker.  I like to have time to go over my hand histories when I get done for the night, but have rarely been doing so lately, since I play until I can't keep my eyes open any longer. 

I have a family and a responsibility to them, and friends and responsibilities to them and a job with those responsibilities.  They are all time consuming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment