Monday, September 30, 2013

Full weekend

Friday night I got permission to go play at a local game that I had been invited.  It was a rebuy tournament for the first 2 hours.  I was playing tight but got outdrawn on the river to get busted out for a lot of chips at the end of the rebuy period.  I bought back in but busted shortly after break.  My live poker skills have diminished terribly. 

Saturday we had our nephews 3rd and 4th grade football game to go watch an hour and a half away.  On the way home we saw several tarantula crossing the road.  The first one I saw was about the same size as my hand. 

We stopped by some friends house out in the country.  It was a really nice place and had a great outdoor area with lots of decking and a pool.  We sat around visiting there while the boys got to ride a 4 wheeler and pet some horses. 

We needed to get back to town as our friends from OKC were coming up for the fundraiser dinner that evening.  We got back right after they had arrived.  Everybody was a little tired so we sat around until it was time to get ready for the dinner.  We were all pretty pumped about the night out without the kids, a steak dinner and some alcohol.

They had an auction after the dinner.  Everything was selling well above regular price, and it was fun watching people bid each other up.  Towards the end of the auction they brought out plates of cooked steaks for auction.  One of our party was making fun, saying that they are getting a little crazy if they are selling already cooked steaks.  My wife said that means it's almost time to go.  She raised her arm and said woo hoo.  The auctioneer pointed in our direction and said SOLD!  At this point my buddy is freaking out.  He doesn't know what his wife just bought or for how much.  He just knows that everything has been going extremely high.  When they told him he paid 25.00 for a plate of ribeye's he was quite relieved.  It was our joke of the night.

Later at the bar, his wife was getting a little wild and kept raising her arm.  There was a bell right above her.  If you ring the bell, it symbolizes that you buy the whole bar a round of drinks.  She got lucky this time and missed the bell.  It was quite a night.

On Sunday, I took a 5 hour nap.  The last week had caught up with me.  When I woke up, I logged into some tournaments.  After a lot of play I was bubble boy in 3 different tournaments.  It was pretty ridiculous.  The last 1 I was sitting in 6th with 13 left, and 11 getting paid.  I had KK and called all in on a J high flop.  The other guy had QQ and hit a Q on the river.  I usually fold hands like this preflop near the bubble because I lose there 99% of the time.

 
Pre-Dinner

Tarantula Crossing the Road

No comments:

Post a Comment