Friday, September 20, 2013

I Love A Rainy Day


There were clouds rolling in last night as I got off work.  The air temperature was dropping as the wind slowly died down.  We were planning on going to the Jr. High football game.  They had to reschedule due to the rain and lightning. 

I cooked supper, then played around with the kids for a little bit.  Around 8:00 I decided to see what was going on in the poker world.  There were a few tournaments I could still get in.  I also registered for a 10.00 NL cash game.  The 3.30 PL HO game was over as soon as I started.  I had to re enter and lost again just as quickly.  My hands just would not hold up.  I got in a 2.20 game.  I also got in a 5.50 game. 

We reached the money in the 2.20 rebuy game first.  I had a middle of the pack stack when I got pocket jacks.  The big stack called my 3 bet with an A5 and caught an ace on the flop.  I checked waiting on him to bet and then raised him trying to get him to go away.  He called.  We checked it down from there and I lost a large chunk of my stack.  The next hand I had AK and went all in.  I was called by QQ and eliminated in 14th place with one tournament remaining.

I was disappointed that I did not reach the final table after getting so close.

The 5.50 game had 15 minute blind levels so I was able to wait for opportunities to play.  I eventually made it into the money on that game as well.  As we worked up the pay scale, I was also increasing my stack.  When we got to the final 2 tables I was 9th in chips.  We got down to 12 and I was the 2nd lowest stack.  I could have skated into the final table but was hoping for a double up and a shot at the win for close to 400.00.  I ended up getting it all in pre-flop with 10 10 to the big stack's 9 9.  He ended up catching a straight to the 9 on the river eliminating me from my last hope of the night to make a final table.

On a night I wasn't going to play, I was able to make a few dollars.  It was nice to have a couple good runs.  I have the taste of 1st still in my mouth and as I got closer, I started salivating.  Then it was taken away.

No comments:

Post a Comment