Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In #2

This morning I didn't feel light, like I have the past few days.  It's been a couple of days since I have exercised last.  I was still hoping to break the 220 pound barrier.  When I weighed in I was at 219.6.  Whoop Whoop!

This week I am a single Dad.  My wife left me for a conference in Omaha.  My daughter was cranky so I put her down for a nap around 7:00 yesterday evening.  I woke her up around 8:00 to change her diaper and put her in pajama's.  She took some formula and went right back to sleep.  I figured, "Why not play some poker." 

I got in a 3.30 guaranteed game and a 2.20 bounty.  I lost the 3.30 a little before the money.  I took 6 people out in the bounty and finished 7th for 7.00.  I had the chip lead going into the final table but came up against a table full of ringers.  Usually a few people at the final table play poorly.  Not in this group.  We played until we were all short stacked to around 3 BB's before anybody started going out.  It was the toughest final table I have been on.  I couldn't find a weak spot, so I must have been it.

I started looking at the Poker Maximus Series coming up and decided I am going to play in almost all of the 1 and 2 dollar, the 5 dollar NL events as well as the main events for the 1, 2, 5, 11, 22 and 215 dollar events.  I'm registered for a ton of tournaments during that time, somewhere around 130.00 worth of tournaments, not including the 215.00 tournament that I had won an entry into.

Last night I noticed that the tournament lobby on Carbon has changed.  It's a little confusing trying to find the blind level times.  Once I played for a little bit I started to figure everything out.  I passed on a couple of tournaments because I couldn't find how long the blinds were.  On some it is in the name of the tournament, on others you just have to know how long a turbo is and how long normal is.  I guess 5 minutes and 7 minutes.

In less than a month I'll be in Las Vegas.  I shouldn't book my trip so far out.  I get so anxious about going.  We will blow some money on slots but I would really like to get in a lot more poker while I'm there this time.  I want to get in a few tournaments with good starting stacks and longer blind levels.  Binion's had a good game last time I was there.  I would like to find a game about like that one on the strip.  I might try out the Wynn's tournament the first day. 

Part of our stay we will gamble at Harrah's.  I have been hearing good things about their comps.  I am hoping to gamble enough to get part of my stay payed for next time I'm in town.  With free flights and comped rooms I could afford to go out more than once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment