Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In #3

Lately I have been lazy about getting out and running or walking.  I need to get on the ball as I only have 3 weeks left to reach my goal of 210 pounds.  I have been eating a lot better most of the time, watching my calorie intake and trying to eat more proteins and fiber.  I'm also trying to eat early in the morning to start my metabolism.  Exercise along with what I am doing would really be helpful.

When I stepped on the scale this morning I weighed in at 217.4 pounds.  I have lost around 5 pounds and if I keep going at this rate 2.5 pounds a week I will get to where I want to my goal weight. 

At times I feel hungry, but not like at first.  I was trying to cut too many calories out at first.  I wasn't getting enough calories.  Now I'm trying to eat right at 1750 calories throughout the day.  I will be able to eat a little more than that if I get some running or walking in, in the evenings.  Tonight I am unregistering from the Poker Maximus Game I am registered in so that I can work on the brakes on the Van as well as go for a walk or a jog with the family. 

Last night I got in 4 games.  The 3.30 PL HO, a 2.20 500.00 Guaranteed Rebuy, the 1500.00 Guaranteed 1.10 rebuy, and a Poker Maximus 11.00 event.

I lost the 3.30 PL HO before we even reached the Omaha portion when my Jacks couldn't hold up on the river when the other player caught a 2nd pair.  I ran for a few hours in the Poker Maximus Game.  One player was playing very aggressive.  I had AK and decided to put him to the test.  He passed the test with pocket Q's.  I didn't improve and my stack was cut down dramatically.  I'm not sure what I went out on, but we weren't even past the 3 1/2 hour re-entry mark. 

In the 1.10 event I ran well until we were getting close to the money.  I ended up losing with my KK to an AJ in an all in situation.  The 2.20 rebuy event was my bread and butter.  The 10 minute levels gave me time to work some magic and wait on better spots to play if I needed to.  When we broke the money bubble I was sitting in the top 6.  When we made the final table I was 7th.  I went card dead a little before the final table and was waiting on a hand.  The blinds jumped up a couple notches taking me from 40 BB's down to 10 BB's.  Eventually I was down to 5 BB's with 6 left and had to make a move if I wanted to stay in the game.  I had A8, first to act, and went all in against the other 2 shorter stacks.  They were double my stack.  The BB called and had QQ.  An 8 on the river and the flop kept me alive.  The next hand I had KK and called an all in to double up again.  I moved from last to 2nd in 2 hands. 

There was one player on the table that had over 200,000 chips.  I was around 90,000.  He was two to my left the final 3 tables and it was difficult to get around him to play the rest of the table.  One by one the other players would get shorter stacked then go out.  I tried to maintain my stack but didn't have the opportunity to build it without risking it all.

At heads up big stack had a 4 to 1 chip lead on me.  We had a good battle for quite a while.  I was about to catch up to him when I got pocket 7's.  He raised and I 3 bet.  He went all in.  I called.  He had AK and caught AAK on the flop turn and river.  I was pleased with a 2nd place finish. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss. looks like we are running about neck and neck.

    Oh yeah, I guess on the poker finish too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, on both. Maybe they correlate somehow?

    ReplyDelete