Monday, September 16, 2013

The Brakes On The Van Didn't Need Changed

After all the delaying I have done the last several months I found out that the brakes on the van did not need changed.  Saturday morning I pulled the tire off the passenger side and there is more than half a brake pad.  I put the tire back on to check the other side and saw the same thing.

I thought it was strange that they should need to be changed so soon.  A rock must have gotten wedged in the brakes making that horrible squeaking sound a while back.

Friday night I goofed around and played a few sng's and tournaments with a friend.  Neither of us had any luck.  I was playing a poker maximus PL Omaha game and finished 31st in that as one guy got extremely lucky to catch the 2 cards he needed to beat me on the turn and river.  It seemed like I was going to easily make the final table.  I had the made hand, but then the absolutely horrible play of this guy takes me out.  Boo!

I had a couple other decent runs in Maximus games this weekend including a 36th place in a 2.20 holdem game. 

I barely played Saturday, but on Sunday I played quite a few games.  I started out well in several of them then would run into some ridiculous play that would hit by a big stack at my table playing a hand like 4 6, calling my re-raise with AA and him catching a 4 4 6 on the flop.  Wow!

Tilt may have caused me to quick exit out of a couple of games.  NL cash games were going well and I was up 23.00 in those at the end of the night.  I had one decent run in a Maximus game at the end of the night, to break even for the weekend.

I am thinking that where I play in the house is affecting how I play.  I heard that it takes 25 minutes once you are distracted to get back to the concentration level you were at before you were distracted.  My big wins have came when I was playing at the back of the house away from any noises.  I felt fully focused and was able to play well.  This weekend I played in the front of the house and even though I had the door closed I had a couple people come in to get something.  On top of that I could hear the doors opening and closing and crying and talking. 

Since I didn't have much luck on the tables last night I was able to get to bed early.  There's always a silver lining.

This week I don't have a lot of games scheduled for the Maximus Series until the weekend.  I will probably just play Wednesday night and spend the rest of the evenings with the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment