Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday Weigh In #5 - Las Vegas In 1 Week

This last week I slipped a few times with some larger meals, donuts, snacks, and lack of exercise.  That's probably why, when I stepped on the scale this morning, it said 213.8 instead of 212.

With one week left, I am going to push hard to try to reach my goal of 210 pounds.  It hasn't been too hard getting to this point, just a little change in eating and drinking habits, some studying on weight loss, and a little more execise. 

I have noticed a little change.  Mainly in the mid section of the body.  My handles are dissapearing.  Nice!  I can look straight down and see my feet.  Whhhaat?  My step is a little lighter and my back hurts a little less.  I feel a little more energetic. 

I thought 210 would be my ideal weight for my 6'3" height.  Maybe if I was ripped.  It's pretty close.  I still feel like the belly sticks out a little too far.  I don't know that I'd want to get much below 190.  I look at some of my high school and college pictures and I was pretty scrawny.  I want to still be a little intimidating.

Next week at this time I will be in the air on my way to Las Vegas.  There is a lot to do at work so it will get here pretty fast.  I'm ready for the Vegas tourist lifestyle.  Gambling, poker, buffetts, drinking, wandering around and checking stuff out.  We don't have anything planned.  I am hoping to meet up with Grrouchie at some point during the trip. 

My other friend and his nephew will be arriving out there before I do.  They should have a shot poured for me by the time I get to the hotel and checked in. 

After the shot, it's downstairs to the poker area for a little poker play.  If they don't have a game going, I'm going to go find a game.  I want to start this trip off right.  The last couple of trips have involved very little poker.  It used to be all about the poker.  The last few times those pesky slots have been trying to take our money.  Darn them and their mini games. 

I would really like to get into a couple/few tournaments.  With the Wynn being fairly close I may try to get in some tournaments there.  Last time we were in town we tried to hit up some of our old smaller tournaments.  We would sit there and wait and the games would never take off.  I played 2 sessions of poker the whole trip.

Exciting times are ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment