Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday Weigh in #4

After a week of not doing so well on my diet/excersize, I was happy to see that I am now down to 215.8 pounds.  With 2 weeks left to go I am still on track to reach 210 pounds.  I will have to do a little more than I did this week in order to get there, I feel.  I have changed my eating habits.  That is helping the most.  Last night I cooked my normal 3 cheeseburgers for supper.  When I got done with 1 I was full, so I put the rest in the refrigerator for later.  In months past, I would have at least ate 1 more just to eat. 

I thought hard about running last night.  After the day I had at work, I decided I was going to play some poker even though I had planned for a break for the night.  It helped me to get my mind off of work.  The kids were playing the xbox right next to me so I didn't get in any games that I would have to concentrate too hard on.  I played a bunch of 6 man super turbo's, heads up's, and finished the night with some cash games as my wife came in to watch T.V. with me after the kids were in bed. 

I started out losing, then losing, then losing some more in the sng's.  It was like the rest of my day.  I could get all my chips in with the best hand and see the runner runner flush coming.  Then it changed, just like that, along with my attitude.  I went on a winning streak.  I went from being quite a bit down to being up a little.  I thought about quitting at that point, but felt that I had been playing good all night, so I continued.  The streak continued and I had a good profit for the night.

In 2 weeks, I'll be leaving for Las Vegas.  Tonight I have a poker Maximus game, I have 2 on Saturday and 6 of the Main Events on Sunday.  We have quite a bit of football to watch on Thursday and Friday nights.  The weekend after this we have a dinner we are going to.  My schedule is booked.  I've got to keep myself busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment