Tuesday, September 3, 2013

1.10 Satellite to Maximus ME

Sunday we played volleyball.  We had 6 games, 30 minutes each.  My shoulder wouldn't hardly lift my arm any more.  My knee hurt.  My back hurt.  My hip hurt.  I'm starting to think I may be getting to old for this stuff.  I'm still to young to admit it though.

That night I could not sleep as no position was comfortable.  When I woke up I was in no shape to run the 5K.  My son wanted to get in it so my wife got them all ready to go.  I decided if there was still time I would give it a go anyway.  Lucky for me the race started earlier than what was in the paper and I didn't have to run. 

We went to the park to enjoy the festivities.  I ended up leaving after a few hours to go home and gets some rest.  I was still achy and had some jerky on the dehydrator I needed to check.  Everyone else arrived home a while later as I was getting the 2nd batch of jerky on the dehydrator. 

Everybody was doing their own thing so I logged onto Carbon to play a couple tourneys and a couple of SNG's.  The SNG's didn't go well.  I busted pretty quickly in the 1.10 tourney.  I had found 1 other tournament that interested me.  It was a 1.10 rebuy for a 215.00 ticket to the Maximus Main Event. 

I was doing o.k. in this tournament and holding a top 10 position out of the 48 registered.  I never had to rebuy and chose to add on when break came.  I'm glad I did.  As it was got close to the final table I was still in 5th in chips.  The 2 other big stacks on my table both went all in.  I had AJ and had notes that they will play A rag all in a lot.  I called to see their A5o and A7o.  I got my jack and became 2nd in chips. 

Even with that win I wasn't sure I could pull out a win since 1st in chips had a 3 to 1 advantage on me. 

The final table went fairly quick.  I worked on shortening the big stacks chip lead as did the rest of the table.  We finally got down to 3 left. 

At this point we were all fairly close in chips.  The tournament only had 1 seat we were playing for.  I had a good read on the short stack and worked on him until he had to go all in.  I had slightly more chips than the other player at this point.  He went all in the first hand of heads up.  I didn't have anything.  The next hand he went all in again.  This time I had 66 and called.  He had 44.  A 6 out of the gates all but sealed the deal and I won a seat in the 215.00 250,000.00 Guaranteed Poker Maximus Main Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment