Thursday, February 7, 2013

Come Out Baby

No baby yet so I was able to get some more hands in today. 

I made 2 big mistakes tonight.  On one I called a 3 bet with 99.  The flop came 10 3 6 rainbow.  I bet pot and was re-raised all in.  I called knowing that he probably had a higher pocket pair.  I was right. 

The second mistake was less costly.  I had 99 and called a raise in position to see a 2 10 7 rainbow flop.  He bet out a pot size bet and I called.  The turn was an Ace.  He checked so I put out a half pot size bet.  The river was a 6.  He went all in.  I folded.  In this hand I think I should have checked on the turn.  With a check by him in that situation I could have suspected a trap move.  Had I checked, he may have bet light on the river and I could have called a half pot size bet there, or folded if he bet larger.

Other than that my play looked pretty solid tonight through the 580 hands I played.  There were probably some spots where I could have made a little more money.  Right now I'm concentrating on losing less from poor play.

I had one guy call a big bet on the turn to catch his straight on the river while I held 2 pair.  I lost a couple dollars on that hand but I would have played it the same way and made money 80% of the time.  Tonight I just fell into the 20% that I lose.

I have moved back to playing 2 to 3 tables at a time.  I can concentrate better than I can with 4 tables.  I feel comfortable with 3 but when I move to 4 I seem to play without thinking.  I can play 3 and have a sng going and do fine.  I can make pretty quick decisions in the sng and concentrate mainly on my play at the cash tables.

Tonight I played 580 hands for a profit of 1.58.  I also played 1 sng for a profit of 5.15.

We had a checkup this morning for the baby.  The doctor said he thought we would be back in the next 24 hours to deliver.  So far its been 12 hours and nothing. 

The kids both seem like they are finally getting back to their healthy selves.  Finally.  That's 5 days of dealing with a sickness in the house.  My immune system sucks so if I can escape this one I'll be very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment