Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Power Outage

Yesterday we woke up to snow.  It's been doing that lately.  We were in a blizzard warning and were expecting 18-22 inches of the white stuff with 40 mph winds.  I worked for half a day but the server was down that I needed to work on and the snow was getting heavy so I came home.

Not long after I was home the power went out.  We went the whole night and most of today without power.  Luckily I was prepared for a short power outage.  I have a indoor safe propane heater and a few bottles of propane to keep us warm in emergency situations.  The house maintained it's temperature and we only got down to 60 degrees in here despite the 40 mph winds.  It started warming up when the sun came out so I never had to use the heater. 

I did cook on my propane stove I have for camping.  Today was another workless day.  My wife is on maternity leave so I really need to be working. 

We didn't get the snow they were expecting.  It only ended up being 7 or 8 inches and most of that melted today. 

Once the power came back on, I took the boys to get their hair cut.  Then came home and cooked supper.  I managed to get in 830 hands tonight.  I never got anything great and got owned by pocket 2's that made a set on the flop when I held KK.  I ended up losing 1 1/2 buy ins tonight. 

I won't get to play hardly any if at all the rest of February so we can chalk it up as another losing month.  I feel good about March though.  I think I should be able to pull off a profitable month finally.


No comments:

Post a Comment