Monday, February 18, 2013

Deposit to Increase My Bankroll

In a previous post I had mentioned that I may add a decent amount to my bankroll if I continue to follow my bankroll guidelines I have set in place.  I am going to start saving to add on 1000.00 as soon as I have it saved.  It could take several months for me to be able to save that amount out of my personal account.  I can sell some things on ebay, and have a garage sale this spring to accelerate the process.

Until then I will continue to try building the bankroll that I currently have, so I will have a little bit of a buffer at the level that will put me up to. 

Playing .02 .04 is fun, but winning or losing 4.00 is not the biggest deal in the world to me when I'm paying so much for everything else in my life right now.  It seems that I shell out 300.00 for this 500.00 for that all the time.  Why not give myself a chance to really make some money playing poker if I have the money to do so.  With 1000.00 bankroll, I could play a lot better tournament structures than I am able to now.  It would also feel pretty monumental if I went up or down by a buy in at cash.

This weekend I tried playing a session 1 tabling 25.00 NL.  I held my own and made a few dollars.  It was not that different from playing 4.00 NL.  There was a definate LAG player at the table and everybody else went after him.  I don't think I'd want to multitable at that level right away when I get there.  I'd rather play 1 table and pay attention to everything that is going on. 

It will be a while before I get that money saved and I could always change my mind.  Until then I will keep plugging away at my current limits and try to get to 10.00 NL by the time I make that big deposit.

At that point I may start making some withdrawels off the site to reward myself if I play well.  I'm thinking 25% of my winnings at the end of each month, if 25% is over the minimum withdrawel limit.  Or I could do sort of like FlushDraww and withdraw my tournament winnings at the end of the month or a certain percentage of them.  I will have some time to think about this.  The money I withdraw could be saved for trips to Vegas, a gun, or something that will keep pushing me to do better.

2 comments:

  1. Even if you had $1000 available to you right now and had it in your acct you need to continue to play $4NL until you prove that you can beat the game. A profit of say 30 buy-ins I would think would be proof...... full buy-ins that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I have time before I save that amount of money so until then I will keep working on my cash game. I like the goal of 30 full buy ins before I add money. I will start tonight at the 0 point and try to build 30 full buy ins before I add that money.

    ReplyDelete