Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Switching from Carbon to Lock

Last night I played around 600 hands and lost around 2.75.  I was curious as to why I wasn't getting cash rebates since they had sent me one on the 1st day of the month, but none since.  I looked online to see why.  I saw that Carbon is going strictly with VIP points now and is no longer doing rebates or rakeback.

After 4 days I had gotten in 1700 hands and some sng's and tournaments I had 84 FPP's which would equate to .84 at my current level. 

I was already upset that I lost out on rakeback the last day of January and lost all of my FPP's from the last several months of playing. 

I started considering switching from Carbon after I have played there the last several years.  I had set up Lock last year and have 40.00 on there as well as rakeback.  I don't like their game selections as well as Carbon's but I am losing out on quite a bit by not getting rakeback.

I started looking at Lock closer last night and set up Poker tracker for there.  Today I played 1500 hands on Lock with a profit of .72.  I was up the whole session but lost a couple tough ones towards the end of my last session.  They were bad enough that I cussed as they caught their 5% out on the river.  I also played several sng's and a couple tournaments on there with a profit on those of 4.96.  I had 3.06 in rakeback.  Not a bad day.

I'm not going to withdraw any money from Carbon.  I like several of their tournaments and sng's and will still jump on there to play some of those, but will probably play cash on Lock for now.

My son has been sick with the flu for the last 3 days, so I stayed home with him today.  I was able to play quite a bit while he laid on the couch and watched TV.  Tonight as he was starting to feel better my older son said he was feeling ill.  As I was typing this we found out he is sick.  I hope I don't get this stuff.  I don't think I could make it through a full 3 days of vomiting.


1 comment: