Monday, March 25, 2013

All In Misclick

Saturday and Sunday were disappointing.  I made the final 2 tables in multiple tournaments, then something would distract me.  The doorbell would ring, the phone would ring and the wife was feeding the baby.  It seemed that every time I made it deep something happened and I would get distracted.  Next thing I knew I was short stacked then out. 

Tonight I loaded up some cash games and 1 tournament.  I was doing well in the cash games, then for some odd reason I thought I hit 3/4 raise and when I pressed the bet button all my chips were on the table 5.75.  It folded to the big blind and he let the timer run down for a while before calling.  He had me covered in chips and cards.  He held a KK to my measly A10 that I was going to try to steal with.  The board ran out 69QJ.  Come on 8 or K.  Jack.  Had it not been for that mistake I would have been up over a buy in after 700 hands.  Instead I was break even the rest of the session.

In the tournament I finally got to concentrate when I made the final 2 tables and managed to sneak my way into 5th before finally going out.

My poker time is about to get cut short.  I was volunteered to be the soccer coach this year for the U8 team.  I'm not a soccer player by any means and my only experience playing has just been for fun as a kid.  We will have several games a week all April.  Both the boys will be playing.  I hope this doesn't make me miss many of my younger son's games.

This weekend we are traveling North to have our baby baptized.  The following weekend is the bachelor weekend at the cabin.  Then tornado chase week.  I'm surprised the following weekend hadn't been planned yet.  Oh yeah.  Soccer.  Then soccer.  Glad we have a mini van.  Then April is over.

I'll still have time in the late evenings to play some.  One of these days I need to plan a trip to Vegas.  It may be October but I want to get out there before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment