Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Moving Sessions to Later in the Evening

Last night the kids wanted to walk to the grocery store after I got home.  It's only a block and a half away so we made the walk to find some grilling meat.  My oldest son said he wanted chicken legs and baked beans so we picked those up and some ice cream.

I fired up the smoker/grill and threw some hickory in to get the smoke started then glazed the chicken in barbecue sauce and placed it on the grill.  An hour later we were all enjoying the taste of barbecue.

The rest of the evening I hung out with the family until 9:00, then I fired up a couple tables of NL.  Right away I have pocket J's and 3 bet it against a reg.  He called and the flop came AK#.  He led out and I fold to his 30% AFq flop bet.  Nothing I can do there.  Then I get 99.  It folds to me.  I raise.  Flop comes low, 8 6 3 two spades.  BB checks.  I bet pot, he min raises, I min raise back at him and he goes all in.  He either has air or a made hand, and I don't have enough stats to tell so I fold.  Not a good start.

I play for a while longer while everybody passes chips around the table.  I get QQ in mid position and raise with a limper behind.  He has a short stack and goes all in.  I call to see his AA.  I'm down about a buy in at this point.  I start to work my way back to 1.00 down when a  player chases and catches a back door flush and catches on the river.  I typed Keep Chasing in the chat box.  That was a bad move.  Nobody would call me for anything after that on that table.

I would continue between 1.00 down and a buy in down the rest of the night ending the night at a buy in down when my baby started crying.  I held her and watched a couple episodes of Bones while I was trying to settle her down.

As much as I like playing early, I think I'm going to have to play later in the evenings during the week.  The boys are starting to make comments about how much I have been playing.  It was mainly about this weekend, but I don't want them to feel like poker is more important than them, so poker is getting pushed into the late evening hours after their bedtime.

This weekend we will be heading to my parents to visit.  I told Dad that I would like to sneak out to do some fishing with him and the boys while I'm there.  I haven't caught a fish yet this year and have the itch to go fishing.  He said they have been biting up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment