Friday, March 22, 2013

Was Not Feeling Poker This Week - Better Now

This week I was not feeling poker.  I guess I was burned out a little.  I played very little while my family was out of town.  It was a great opportunity for time to play but I just couldn't do it. 

The family got back last night as well as my urge to play.  I wonder what that is about.  Routine maybe.  I loaded up 3 9 man sng's an 18 man sng and a 2.20 knockout tournament.  I had a 2nd and a 3rd place finish in the 9 man's a 1st in the 18 man and finished 8th in the 2.20 knockout for 8.00 with 4 knockouts.  I should have finished higher but ran my 88 on the button into AK in the BB.  He caught his A.  I wasn't out yet but had my JJ got crushed by a A6o a couple hands later.  I would have called me with my stack too.  I was hoping for that call.  It just didn't work out. 

An odd thing happened in the tournament.  Four people on different hands went all in against me and caught their sets with lower pocket pairs to my higher pairs.  It never really affected me.  Usually if I take 3 beat downs like that in a tournament I'm pretty much out.  This time I had an ATM on the other side of the table that would call me with any A no matter what I bet, so I would take a beat from them and get it back plus some more from him. 

I also played a couple hundred hands of NL with a profit of 3.00 in that.  In all it was a 20.00+ profit night.  It was a relatively short session, but I didn't feel like playing any more so I shut down the computer and went to bed early.

While I was playing I watched the movie Hot Rod.  It was made in 2007, but mimicked an 80's movie all the way down to the cover.  It was a slapstick comedy (Adam Sandler like), and ended up being really funny.  I'd never heard of it until I found it on Netflix last night.  I asked my wife what she thought and she really liked it too.  When the movie started out I wondered what we had gotten ourselves into.  As the movie progressed, the 80's vibe got us and we were hooked.



No comments:

Post a Comment