Monday, March 4, 2013

No Play Sunday

When I am able to stay home, Sunday's are the day I look forward to playing the most.  This Sunday I did not play.  After being sick for several days my body decided it had enough and I slept for several hours after we got home from church.

Once I finally got up and oriented again, I decided to get the toy room moved to the basement so our baby girl can finally have her room.  It took a lot of work as we had to go through every box of toys to see what we would keep, throw away, or take to the second hand store.  It's hard to get rid of toys that people have given the boys, but they have way too much.  I filled 3 more trash bags - that makes 6 total bags of broken or junk toys.  I also filled up the back of my truck with toys to take to the second hand store. 

The boys weren't too happy as they lost a bunch of toys that they never play with anyway.  It is nice to have it all organized and moved so we can set up a crib and move the dresser into the clean room.  The room was getting to be quite the eyesore.  The next task is to make sure all of the toys are kept nice and tidy from now on. 

I thought about playing after we got the room cleaned but I still wasn't feeling well so I laid around for a bit then went to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday we stayed in bed until nearly 10.
    Finally got motivated to do stuff closer to noon.

    Went out and did some shopping, bought tickets to a concert we're going to see in a couple of months and then just took the rest of the day as a lazy occasion.

    Next time we have a weekend off together (a 5 day weekend that is) we have lots of cleaning and organization planned.
    I am not looking forward to that.
    However, it must be done.
    We will also be getting rid of a ton of old and broken toys.

    ReplyDelete