Sunday, March 17, 2013

Fishing in Freezing Fog

After a good day of fishing yesterday Dad and I got up this morning and headed back to the lake.  Yesterday was cold but today was frosty.  We drove through freezing fog to get to the lake.  Once we got there the fishing dock had ice on it.  The temperature was 29 degrees with 20 mph winds.  I broke my line right away and my hand froze while I tied on another lure. 

We took a break about every 30 minutes to run back to the truck to warm up.  I didn't try licking the metal pole and it turned out to be a pretty good day fishing.  Dad caught 3 saugeye, one of which was a keeper.  I caught 4 short saugeye and a drum.  It was still 29 degrees and foggy when we left the lake at 1:00 pm.

Last night after my post, I decided to load up some tables and play.  It was a bad idea.  I was tired and lost a couple of buy ins.  Then I started playing horribly and lost 3 more buy ins.  It's crazy when people suck out on you over and over, you think you need to try it.  It never works.

After fishing I drove back home.  Tonight I decided to try a tournament, some sng's and some NL.  I was down .20 after the tournament.  In the sng's I was up 6.65 and in NL I was up 5.37. 

No comments:

Post a Comment