Tuesday, March 19, 2013

You Can't Win Without Being Able To Lose

I opened a fortune cookie yesterday with that saying.  I do need to accept that I will have losing days.  I want to win every time I play.  Who doesn't.  I want to grow my bankroll faster than it is currently growing.  Each time I get that attitude I lose.  If I just play poker to play and don't worry about making money from it, I usually do a little better.

My bad habits keep coming back.  I fight with myself to stop from making poor calls, because I have to see if they really have it, or playing certain hands out of position.  It's a constant battle to try to correct my play so I don't keep making the same old mistakes that cost me money.  I will keep working on it until it comes natural to me. 

Going forward I should only play when I am able to concentrate fully on the games I'm playing.  I'm looking at getting a desk so that I am in a working type environment when I play instead of lounging on the couch.  I like being comfortable but I cannot pay full attention to multiple tables when I can barely see the stats when I'm only playing 4 tables.  I could play less hours by adding more tables, but I have to have greater concentration if I do that.

I also need to start using a mouse again.  I cannot move on the track pad on the computer as fast as I can with a mouse if I start multitabling more than 6 tables.  I still won't play over 6 tables of NL but I would be fine with SNG's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment