Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Playing more SNG's

Last night I got home and the kids were watching T.V. downstairs.  I was tired, my back was hurting and all I wanted to do was sit down.  Since I was sitting down resting I figured I'd go ahead and play some poker. 

This was another losing session at cash by 2 buy ins.  After looking at pokertracker I saw that I need to tighten my game even more.  Most of the hands I have been losing hands are hands I should not have been in, in the first place. 

I played a few tournaments and lost right before the money in a couple of them.  Then I loaded a few sng's and did well in 2 of them.  I was break even between the tournaments and sng's.  NL drug me down for a loss on the night.  A loss with a set of 4's on the flop to a runner runner straight for a loss of 6.00 ruined my chances of a profit for the night.  He went all in on the flop.  He had top pair with a decent kicker and all of his stats said he was going to give me money but he had a nice suckout and left right afterwards.

It's been a long spell of not having a winning day at NL.  It has crossed my mind to go back to playing only sng's and tournaments.  I like the sng structure's at Lock and I have found a couple tournaments now that I like.  It seems like that is where the fish swim.  I need to keep playing NL and getting better at it.  Each improvement I am making in NL is helping my sng and tournament game greatly.

I do think that I will be throwing a few more sng's and a tournaments in the mix each night while I am playing.  That is where my real love for poker lies. 

I'm trying to decide if I want to pull my boat 4 hours to take it out to the lake on Saturday.  I have a couple other options.  We could fish off the bank, the fishing dock, or take out Dad's inflateable pontoons.  I'm fine with both of those other options, but I want to take my boat out bad.  I could take it up this weekend and leave it up there for easter weekend as well.  Then bring it back or leave it up there to sell it. 

There's no water around here.  All of the lakes within 2 hours of here have been drained for drinking water elsewhere.  It's not a real wet part of the country so it could take years for the lakes to fill back up leaving my boat useless unless I want to pull it over 2 hours to use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment