Wednesday, May 22, 2013

11 More Points Until Fire Tier

This week I have not been playing much.  I have been trying to take care of things around the house that need to be done before we leave for Missouri.  Last night I got started around 9:00 and ended a little before midnight.  I think that will be my average playing time when I play this summer.  In that time I played a couple tournaments that did not go my way.  I also got in 800 hands of NL for a small profit of .27.

With my play from last night I have 11 points until I reach the fire level.  Then I will have a few hundred more points until I can do my first points exchange. 

I am registered for the VIP tournaments this weekend but may not be able to play in them.  They would be a good opportunity to increase my bankroll if I could play them.  It seems that I am busy on that weekend all but a couple months out of the year, making them useless to me.

My 215.00 ticket is waiting to be used as well.  I haven't had a free weekend to use it, or try for another one.

I would like to start throwing some tournaments into my evening play.  I have been looking, but I don't see any good tournaments that start after 9:00.  With short blind levels and now every tournament having rebuys, it has turned the tournaments into donkfests.  I called all ins from the short stacks 5 times yesterday holding the best hand, them having horrible hands to boot, for them to get ridicoulously lucky and win the hand.  Sometimes you run poorly.  It has been more than sometimes the last many times I have played in tournaments.

I never thought I would see the day that I would rather play NL than a tournament.  With the tournament structure options I have, I doubt I'll be playing many tournaments any time soon. 

There are 2 - 2.20  bounty tournaments that start around 9:00.  The blind structures are sad, but I have done o.k. in these bounties in the past.  I think I am going to start playing these nightly through June and see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment