Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Water Tier Out of Reach This Month


Killdeer eggs I saw at the lake last weekend

Last night I played over 3000 hands and ended with a loss of close to 5.00.  There were quite a few times that I made mistakes over that long period.  One was calling an all in from FlushDraww on a Flush board when I held 2 pair.  I knew he had something big or nothing at all.  I gambled and lost.  Now I know.  Don't mess with FlushDraww.  I hope it helped him make a profit last night.  I can't suck out on him every time.

There were other times that I knew I had the hand and got the villain to put all of his chips out there, for them to catch a 5% card on the river.  Those irk me, especially when I don't get any love back from the site.

There is so much for me to improve on in my game.  I've only just begun.  Since I have so much to work on, I'm dropping my goal of reaching the Water Tier.  It wasn't going to happen anyway.  After I read Flush's comment I realized that it is 1500 VIP points, not 1250 like I thought I had read.  I should still reach the Fire Tier with the playing time I have left.

I will spend time looking over my hand histories and a little less time playing.  It seems that I need to do this before each time I play to keep everything fresh in my mind. 

Recently, I have went back to buying in at half buy in's, except for one session yesterday.  The tables were ripe, and I felt that I could make more money if I had a full stack.  I never got the opportunity as the tables broke up before I got a hand that was worthy of playing that big. 

I know Flush, I should always have the maximum that I can out there to make the maximum when I get a hand.  More often than not I am getting stacked more than I am stacking on an all in situation.  Until I reverse that, (find the fold button) I am better off with a short stack, so that I lose less in those situations.  By the way, I appreciate all the help and advice you have given me Flush.  It's hard to accept sometimes, and sometimes I may continue to do what I have been doing, despite the facts and sound reasoning you have given me.  I do take them into consideration, and have implemented a lot into my game from what you have taught me. 

It feels like I am slowly gaining, and not playing so horribly all the time.  Sometimes I feel evil, I am so on.  Last night I was taking pain medication so I know I wasn't on, but I don't think that I was too far off that I shouldn't have been playing.

One hand stands out to me.  I had a 10 J on the button.  UTG raises.  He folds to a 3 bet 88%, so I 3 bet him 3/4 pot.  He called.  Flop was 10 J 6.  I knew he had a high pair or 2 broadway cards, or he would have folded to my 3 bet.  I clicked the all in button before he even acted.  He bet, and I was all in.  He insta called with pocket aces.  An ace hit on the river.  Blah!

I feel that I played this correctly.  This time it cost me 4.00.  I would build up a stack then have it taken, when hands like this would happen.  I could never get close to break even last night.  I drifted between 4.00 down and 8.00 down all night. 

I did pick up over 100 VIP points.

This weekend I will have plenty of time to think over my strategies, since I will not be playing.  When I play again Sunday evening I will be fresh and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment