Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Playing On Carbon This Month

Yesterday was our 8th Anniversary.  To celebrate we had my wife's sister watch the kids and we went out for steaks.  Since it was our anniversary I didn't play any poker.  She wouldn't have minded if I did play for a couple hours, but I thought it would be nice to dedicate the whole evening to her.

Last month was a 72.57 profit month.  A majority of that was thanks to rakeback, a deposit bonus, and a tournament.  Towards the end of the month something seemed to really click with NL.  Hopefully that will carry over to the start of this month. 

I will be switching my play back to Carbon on the Merge network so my bankroll will be quite a bit less this month.  I will miss the rakeback and the points and the reload bonus that I was getting with Lock.  I feel that I need to give Carbon a fair shake with their new VIP structure.  They have a larger player base at the 4.00 NL level.  I also like their tournament and sng options.  With Carbon I can also qualify for the VIP tournaments, which can be quite profitable.

My goals for May are fairly vague.  I would like to play a lot of hands and show a profit at NL at the end of the month.  I also want to qualify for next months VIP tournaments and free seats satellite to the big game.  Now that soccer is about over, my weekends should start to free up a little again. 

With Lock, I was really thinking I could reach a bankroll large enough to play 10.00 NL 3 months from now.  With a switch back to Carbon and a lower bankroll it feels like I am competely starting over.  

I cashed out on my Lock account.  If I get that, maybe I can apply some of it to my Carbon account.  They took the amount out of my balance, so maybe I will get a check.

No comments:

Post a Comment