Monday, May 27, 2013

Settling Down Next Month

I'm back from a busy fun filled weekend full of lots of driving.  This next month I'm going to try to stay home as much as I can. 

Today was my first day to play in quite a while.  I played a .60 tournament and was busted out with pocket kings to a 5 8 that called way too big of raise pre flop and hit 2 pair on the flop.  I also played a 2.20 bounty tournament.  I took 1 bounty then the game turned to crap.  I think it's the fact that there are re-buys.  People are playing ridiculously stupid at the beginning of tournaments.  I've always disliked re-buy's for that reason.  Now I'm limited to them if I want to play tournament poker. 

In NL I played 625 hands for a profit of 3.25.  It helped that I could fold my higher pocket pairs a few times when there was a good chance I was beat.  It also helped that I got a rash of good cards that held half way through my session. 

On Saturday I was able to play the first VIP tournament.  My internet connection was suuuuuuppppppeeeer slow and when I wasn't folding the best hand due to timing out, I was folding junk.  When I did get to play a good hand I just went all in and it didn't hold.

Sunday we were out boating so no poker.

This week I should be able to play quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment