Monday, May 6, 2013

My Switch Back To Carbon

This weekend I played a lot of hands of NL.  I came to the conclusion that I had a mental block on playing decent due to my switch from Lock to Carbon.  I was having a hard time with the starting over feeling and it was still affecting my play. 

To right the situation I loaded money onto Carbon in order to get close to being where I had been on Lock.  For some reason my play improved after I did that. 

I have been looking at the promotions and VIP structures on Carbon.  If I push myself this month I think that I can reach the water tier.  If I put in 1500 hands a day, that should give me roughly 30 VIP points a day for 26 days equalling 780 points.  I currently have 500 points from the first 5 days.  I need 1250 VIP points to reach the water tier so I will have to put in some major playing time.  With playing that many hands I may also get some money from the 50,000.00 equalizer promotion.  It won't be a lot since I'm not expecting to be in the top 100 at the end of the 1st round, but anything helps.

On top of VIP points exchange, I'll earn entries into the two monthly VIP freeroll tournaments, and the 50 seats to the Big Game tournaments.  I played my first 50 seat game this weekend and qualified for a 215.00 ticket. 

It will be a challenge for me to have a profitable month after the first few days I had this month.  If I can cut a little out of that loss during the rest of this month I will be happy.  I'm starting to feel better about my switch back to Carbon.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me remember that I have money on BCP that I need to donk off.

    ReplyDelete