Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tournament Night


Last night I had some time to play so I loaded every 1.00 and 2.00 tournament I could find that started from 7:00 until 10:00.  I had some min cashes in most of the 2.20 bounty tournaments, but did not do well in any of the 11.00 sat's, or deep stack short blind level tourney's.

As the tournaments dropped off one by one, I realized I had a decent shot at my 2.20 deep stack NL 15 min blind level game.  I had been in it for 4 hours and we were on the final 2 tables.  I went to work and built up a top 2 chip stack by the time we reached the final table. 

The other players dropped off slowly and I maintained my chip stack until we got down to the final 3.  I was in the big blind with 3 3 when the big stack min raised.  The small stack had about 7 bb's left and folded.  I called.  Flop was A38 off suit.  I led out and big stack bet big.  This was uncommon for him, but I could see him doing it with 2 pair or better.  I was guessing he had A8 as that was definately in his range.  I shipped it in and he insta called.  He had 88 for a higher set and that was it.  I won 22.00 for 3rd place.  First was 44.00.

At the end of the night I was up by 4.00.

I really like the structure of this tournament.  I may play this a couple times a week if I have time.  It took 5 1/2 hours to play, and starts earlier than I should be playing, but if I only get in it a couple times a week I should be o.k. 

This weekend I should be staying home, so I may get to use my 215.00 ticket.  I have won some 33.00 tickets, and 109.00 tickets, but this will be the biggest game I have played, live or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment