Thursday, May 9, 2013

Back On Track


They were calling for severe weather all week for yesterday evening.  The storms split North and South of town so we still had our championship soccer game for U8.  The kids played great and we walked away with a win.  The kids were super excited. 

With storms being all around us my oldest son and I went driving around looking at the clouds.  That, along with eating, and soccer, considerably cut into the time I had to play NL last night.  I pushed hard and managed to get close to 1000 hands in.  I couldn't find an easy table like I had played the night before and ended up losing a little over 3.00 by the end of the session.  It probably still would have been profitable if I had not been stacked all 3 times I held pocket aces.  All three times were to a set.  I might have been able to lay them down post flop when the board came low, but these aggressive players that keep getting extremely lucky would bet the same way with air, according to my notes on them and their stats. 

Fortunately, I was playing well the rest of the time and lost a minimal amount. 

I'm still on track to reach the water tier towards the end of the month.  I have a little kink in my plan, as my mother talked us into coming up to go camping with them this weekend.  It didn't take much convincing. 

That will mean a little less playing tonight as I get the camping gear ready.  Then there will be little or no play on Fri, Sat, and Sun.  The campground has wifi, depending on where we are camped, so I may get to play some.

It's a small sample, but it looks like I will probably get around 20 VIP points per 500 hands if I continue to play the way I am currently.  So instead of averaging 1500 hands I night, I only need to average 750 hands a night, the rest of the month to reach the water tier.  I can put in a few 1500 hand nights next week and make up for lost play this weekend.

Tonight is the final night for the first round of the 50000.00 equalizer.  Right now I'm still in contention for a little piece of that action.  I am in the lowest level for that and could get an extra 5.00 if I stay there.  It doesn't look like I will move up tonight, unless I can find time to put in an extra long session.

No comments:

Post a Comment