Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Crying River Calls Cost Me

Last night I got online to play poker for the first time in over a week.  I started out rusty, wanting to call down every hand that beat me in full table NL.  I was losing money over and over.  As I continued to play I started to slow down and get a little self control.  I started to do o.k. on a couple tables.  I put a couple people to the test for most or all of their chips a couple times when there were 2 cards to a flush on the board.  They called every time and would get there, every time.  It was kind of sickening.  I decided, since it was working for them I would try.  It didn't work for me.

I eventually climbed up a little from the deep hole I dug myself into at the beginning of the night on NL.  I decided to play 1 2.20 super turbo sng before I called it a night.  I won it and ended up making a little profit for the night.

I'm looking forward to playing tournaments some more.  Last night I got home late and missed out on all the good tournaments.  Tonight I will be getting back in the scene. 

While I was playing last night I started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.  I was hooked after the first episode.  It got a little slow on the 3rd episode but by the 4th episode I wanted to keep watching instead of go to bed.  I decided I would wait until this weekend and do a Breaking Bad/poker marathon.

1 comment:

  1. I always feel like I'm making crying calls because I'm bad at reading people.
    Live, not online....
    It's about time I started working on my game me thinks

    ReplyDelete